CARMEL, Ind., May 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: CNO) today announced that it is seeking to amend its senior secured credit facility to reduce the interest rate and make other changes to provide additional financial flexibility.
The facility consists of (i) a $250 million four-year term loan which currently has an interest rate of LIBOR plus 325 basis points, with a LIBOR floor of 100 basis points (current interest rate of 4.25%) and has an outstanding principal balance of $225 million, and (ii) a $425 million six-year term loan which currently has an interest rate of LIBOR plus 375 basis points, with a LIBOR floor of 125 basis points (current interest rate of 5.00%) and has an outstanding principal balance of approximately $406 million.
CNO also announced that earlier today Standard & Poor's upgraded the company's issuer credit and senior secured debt ratings to BB- from B+. CEO Ed Bonach said, "We are pleased with the upgrade from S&P and feel the decision reflects the solid operating performance and strength in our credit fundamentals. As a result of the upgrade and the current favorable market conditions, we are seeking to amend our senior secured credit facility. If successful, this will be yet another step in our ongoing efforts to improve our cost of capital, financial flexibility and ROE."
About CNOCNO is a holding company. Our insurance subsidiaries – principally Bankers Life and Casualty Company, Washington National Insurance Company and Colonial Penn Life Insurance Company – serve pre-retiree and retired Americans by helping them protect against financial adversity and provide for a more secure retirement. For more information, visit CNO online at www.CNOinc.com.SOURCE CNO Financial Group, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV