CAMBRIDGE, Mass., May 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:AEGR), a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development and commercialization of innovative, life-altering therapies for patients with debilitating and often fatal rare diseases, today announced that on May 1, 2013, Aegerion granted stock options to purchase an aggregate of 55,900 shares of common stock to seven new employees under the inducement stock option program described below. Each stock option has an exercise price per share equal to $43.65, the closing price of Aegerion's common stock on the grant date; vests in equal monthly installments over four years; has a ten year term; and is subject to the terms and conditions of Aegerion's Inducement Award Stock Option Plan, and the terms and conditions of a stock option agreement covering the grant.
As Aegerion previously announced, in support of the company's build of its U.S. commercial organization and international expansion, the Compensation Committee of the Company's Board of Directors approved the reservation of 1,000,000 shares of common stock to be used exclusively for the grant of non-qualified stock options to individuals who were not previously an employee or non-employee director of Aegerion (or following a bona fide period of non-employment), as an inducement new hire stock option award material to an individual's entry into employment within the meaning of Rule 5635(c)(4) of the NASDAQ Listing Rules (Inducement Stock Options).
About Aegerion PharmaceuticalsAegerion Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development and commercialization of innovative, life-altering therapies for patients with debilitating, often fatal, rare diseases. For more information about the company, please visit www.aegerion.com .
CONTACT: Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Amanda Murphy Manager, Investor Relations (857) 242-5024
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV