BENTONVILLE, Ark., May 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Walmart's Acres for America program, a conservation partnership with the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF), is protecting priority lands across the country to provide wildlife habitats and recreational opportunities for local residents. Newly-announced projects in Arkansas, New Mexico, Nebraska, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Maine and Oregon are part of an ongoing program to conserve the nation's most precious lands and natural resources to benefit people, wildlife and local economies.
Since 2005, Walmart has worked with NFWF to establish Acres for America, a 10-year, $35 million commitment to purchase and preserve one acre of wildlife habitat in the U.S. for every acre of land developed by the company. The program has protected critical habitats for birds, fish, plants and wildlife and far surpassed its original goals, becoming one of the country's most effective conservation partnerships. To date, Acres for America has invested in projects in 30 states and the District of Columbia.
The new sites bring the total acres protected through the program to more than 800,000."These new Acres for America projects build on the conservation successes of our continued partnership with Walmart," said Jeff Trandahl, executive director and CEO of NFWF. "From the Ozarks to Oregon, they protect the open spaces that wildlife need and provide abundant economic and recreational resources for residents." "Walmart is proud to work with the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation thru the Acres for America program," said Jennifer May-Brust, vice president and general counsel of real estate at Walmart. "Supporting the projects brought to life thru the Acres program reflects our value and commitment to helping our customers live better." New Acres for America projects include the following:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV