China Puts Gold Where Its Money Is
VANCOUVER, Canada ( Bullions Bull Canada) -- Since the Crash of 2008 exposed the global financial system as simply one big Ponzi scheme ticking down to implosion, one of the most public and emphatic economic policies of China's government has been the rapid/relentless accumulation of more gold reserves to "back" its own monetary system.
This economic priority has become an even greater imperative as China steadily replaces the U.S. dollar with the renminbi as the world's new reserve currency. Stage I of that process has seen trillions of dollars in bilateral trade agreements and currency-swaps.
Stage II was the establishment of a "renminbi trading bloc among seven of 10 of Asia's most prosperous economies, where the renminbi is now the reserve currency for these nations.
What is unclear is whether "Stage III" involves any overt action by China to spread the renminbi's official,reserve currency status or whether it simply involves passively waiting for the West to complete its self-destruction of the dollar-based system.What is clear is that a central part of China's mission to have the renminbi assume the global mantle of "reserve currency" is to have massive gold reserves backing that currency. China should add to its gold reserves to "ensure national economic and financial safety, promote yuan globalization
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV