CHICAGO, May 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ogilvy & Mather Chicago recently launched a cause marketing video on behalf of pro bono client APES (a project of The Conservation Trust), to highlight the importance of protecting all primates, not simply the "cute" ones.
In recent years, a popular trend amongst wildlife organizations has emerged to 'save the pandas.' Pandas, however, are just one species that need our protection. Ogilvy Chicago decided to deviate from this trend by calling it out — brought to life in the striking image of a gorilla painting himself white to appear more like the lovable panda.
"The mission of APES is to raise awareness around all endangered animals, versus putting the emphasis on just one particular species," said Lee Theisen-Watt, founder of APES. "By exposing the contrast certain animals receive in conservation efforts, we hope to give other primates – like the gorilla – a stronger shot at survival."
"A panda is the 'poster child' for wildlife conservation — and when it comes to preservation and protection, it really is survival of the cutest, not the fittest," explained Joe Sciarrotta, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy & Mather Chicago. "We wanted to shine light on the 'forgotten' primates, centering our story around a gorilla who sadly knows his chances of protection are greater if he appears more like a panda."Founded in 2003, APES is a non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of wildlife with a concentrated focus on the rehabilitation of primates. The organization is committed to the welfare of all animals, and has successfully rehabilitated and released hundreds of injured and orphaned wildlife back into the wild. All proceeds raised directly fund the conservation and rehabilitation of over thousands of animals globally in addition to education and awareness around conservation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV