3 Technology Stocks Dragging The Sector Down
1. As of noon trading, LinkedIn ( LNKD) is down $21.05 (-10.4%) to $180.62 on heavy volume Thus far, 6.7 million shares of LinkedIn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $180.00-$187.75 after having opened the day at $184.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $201.67. LinkedIn Corporation operates an online professional network. LinkedIn has a market cap of $17.8 billion and is part of the internet industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 1025.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 75.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates LinkedIn as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full LinkedIn Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts