WXS, WEX And ATHN, Pushing Diversified Services Industry Downward
1. As of noon trading, AthenaHealth ( ATHN) is down $4.58 (-4.8%) to $90.57 on heavy volume Thus far, 877,705 shares of AthenaHealth exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 334,200 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $89.90-$95.90 after having opened the day at $94.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $95.15. athenahealth, Inc., a business services company, provides ongoing billing, clinical-related, and other related services to medical group practices primarily in the United States. The company provides services through the athenaNet, a proprietary Internet-based practice management application. AthenaHealth has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 192.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 31.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates AthenaHealth as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full AthenaHealth Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the diversified services industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the diversified services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts