4. As of noon trading, United Rentals ( URI) is up $3.70 (7.22) to $54.98 on heavy volume Thus far, 2.5 million shares of United Rentals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $52.35-$56.08 after having opened the day at $52.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.28. United Rentals, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an equipment rental company. It offers approximately 3,300 classes of equipment for rent to customers comprising construction and industrial companies, manufacturers, utilities, municipalities, homeowners, and government entities. United Rentals has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 62.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate United Rentals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates United Rentals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Get the full United Rentals Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts