NATICK, Mass., May 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) is scheduled to participate at Heart Rhythm 2013, the Heart Rhythm Society's 34 th Annual Scientific Sessions May 8-11 in Denver. Forty-two clinical presentations will provide new insights about Boston Scientific research in cardiovascular disease, including atrial fibrillation and sudden cardiac arrest.
Schedule of Events
All programs are Mountain Time, with events held at the Colorado Convention Center unless otherwise noted.Wednesday, May 8
- 25 th Annual Michel Mirowski Sudden Cardiac Arrest Symposium and Award Presentation: Boston Scientific Chief Medical Officer of Cardiac Rhythm Management Kenneth Stein, M.D., will provide opening remarks followed by recognition of previous award recipients and the legacy of Michel Mirowski, M.D. Last year's award recipient, William G. Stevenson, M.D., will moderate. The event will honor the 2013 Mirowski Award recipient, Karl-Heinz Kuck, M.D., and feature presentations led by Arthur J. Moss, M.D., Andrea M. Russo, M.D., and Karl-Heinz Kuck, M.D., about the future of electrophysiology and the development of technologies related to sudden cardiac arrest, defibrillation and ablation. The event will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in the Centennial Ballroom of the Hyatt Regency Denver.
- Long Term Results of PROTECT AF: The Mortality Effects of Left Atrial Appendage Closure versus Warfarin for Stroke Prophylaxis in AF: Vivek Reddy, M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, will present the findings as a late-breaking clinical trial at 11:00 a.m. in the Four Seasons Ballroom 3.
- S-ICD® System or Transvenous ICD: How do you choose?: Bruce Wilkoff, M.D., Cleveland Clinic, and Lucas Boersma, M.D., St. Antonius Hospital, the Netherlands, will present perspectives from 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. in the Exhibit Hall, Rhythm Theatre #2.
- Long Term Outcome of Patients Receiving the Subcutaneous ICD Post Transvenous ICD Extraction: Lucas Boersma, M.D., of St. Antonius Hospital, the Netherlands, will present the findings during an abstract session at 1:45 p.m. in Room 402.
- ICD Programming Trends and Relationship to Survival – The ALTITUDE Dataset : Leslie Saxon, M.D., University of Southern California's Keck School of Medicine, will present the findings as a late-breaking clinical trial at 8:15 a.m. in the Mile High Room 4F.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV