3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks
BGC Partners (NASDAQ: BGCP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.60%. BGC Partners, Inc. operates as a brokerage company, primarily servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets. It operates through two segments, Financial Services and Real Estate Services. The company has a P/E ratio of 35.06. The average volume for BGC Partners has been 2,169,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. BGC Partners has a market cap of $743.7 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 62.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates BGC Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 268.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.84 million to $14.17 million.
- BGC PARTNERS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BGC PARTNERS INC reported lower earnings of $0.16 versus $0.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.57 versus $0.16).
- BGCP has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 16.79% from its price level of one year ago. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- The gross profit margin for BGC PARTNERS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 1.70%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.29% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full BGC Partners Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV