Prostate Conditions Education Council (PCEC) Comments On New AUA Clinical Guideline On Prostate Cancer Screening
Prostate cancer remains the second leading cause of cancer death among American men.[i] Prostate cancer can be an aggressive disease that is most successfully treated when it is detected early on. Each year, the PCEC holds Prostate Cancer Awareness Week, dedicated to offering free or low-cost screenings for more than 125,000 men across the U.S. and internationally. Since the first PCAW in 1989, the program has helped to screen nearly five million men in the U.S., and this number continues to grow each year both at home and internationally.
PCEC at the AUA
- PCEC will be holding an Industry Clinical Update presentation at the AUA Annual Meeting on Tuesday, May 7 th at 10 am entitled, "Understanding How New Biomarkers Will Assist the Diagnosis and Prognosis for Prostate Cancer." The presentation will be led by David Crawford, M.D., Chairman, PCEC and Neal D. Shore, M.D., PCEC Council Member.
- Nelson Stone, MD, on behalf of the PCEC, will be making a podium presentation entitled "Male Androgen Deficiency (MAD) Screening Questionnaire: A Simplified Tool to Identify Hypogonadal Men" on Monday, May 6 th at 3:30 pm (SDCC: Room 3, Sexual Function/Dysfunction/Andrology: Evaluation (II)).
- PCEC will be hosting a Men's Health Education and Testing event for physicians at the AUA. Physicians may receive a men's health blood test that includes Testosterone, Cholesterol and Glucose along with a new prostate cancer biomarker called the prostate health index (phi).
Please visit www.PCECatAUA.org for more information about PCEC's activities at the AUA Annual Meeting.
About the Prostate Conditions Education Council A national organization committed to men's health, the Prostate Conditions Education Council (PCEC) is the nation's leading resource for information on prostate health. The PCEC is dedicated to saving lives through awareness and the education of men, the women in their lives, as well as the medical community about prostate cancer prevalence, the importance of early detection, and available treatment options, as well as other men's health issues. The Council – comprised of a consortium of leading physicians, health educators, scientists and prostate cancer advocates – aims to conduct nationwide screenings for men and perform research that will aid in the detection and treatment of prostate conditions. More information is available at www.prostateconditions.org.[i] http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/data/men.htm SOURCE Prostate Conditions Education Council
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts