Ingersoll-Rand PLC Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (IR)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- INGERSOLL-RAND PLC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INGERSOLL-RAND PLC increased its bottom line by earning $3.29 versus $1.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.60 versus $3.29).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, IR's share price has jumped by 30.54%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.44, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.73 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, INGERSOLL-RAND PLC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Despite the weak revenue results, IR has outperformed against the industry average of 21.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.