Hess Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (HES)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 117.50% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 39.03% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HES should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- HESS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HESS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.95 versus $5.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.15 versus $5.95).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 134.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $545.00 million to $1,276.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for HESS CORP is rather high; currently it is at 62.20%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 36.81% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- HES, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 64.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts