CHERRY HILL, N.J. and PORTLAND, Maine, May 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Encouraging children to sharpen their reading and money-saving skills, TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ®, again will hold its annual Summer Reading Program.
The program rewards children who read 10 books during the summer with a $10 deposit into a new or existing Young Saver account. In 2012, 45,281 children participated in the program and read 452,810 books, earning $452,810 for their Young Saver accounts.
Children are encouraged to ask TD Bank employees questions about saving money when they visit any TD Bank store. The 2013 Summer Reading Program brochure features a personal savings chart for tracking progress, as well as suggested questions children can ask about savings accounts and the Penny Arcade coin counting machine."Financial education is a lifelong journey, and TD Bank is dedicated to providing the tools and resources necessary for children to learn how to make smart financial decisions," said Elizabeth K. Warn, Senior Vice President of Community Development for TD Bank. "This year's brochure features a new savings chart to help educate our Summer Readers about how they can save their $10, as well as tips for how they can reach their savings goals. When children bring in their completed Summer Reading form, our employees can show them how to fill out the personal savings chart and make their $10 Summer Reading reward grow!" Savings tips for children include:
- Start saving early and save as much as you can.
- Set a goal! Decide what you want to save for.
- See the benefits of saving. Post a picture of the item you want on your "bank" as an incentive to save.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV