NEW YORK -- BMC Software (BMC) is close to being acquired by a private-equity group made up of Bain Capital and Golden Gate Capital, Reuters reported, citing two people familiar with the matter.
An announcement could be made Monday.
The negotiated price is around $46 a share, one of the people told Reuters, which would value the deal at $6.55 billion.
BMC shares closed Friday at $45.58.The deal would be one of the largest leveraged buyouts so far this year, Reuters noted.
Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) posted first-quarter profit on Friday of $4.89 billion, or $2,977 a class A share, up 51% from $3.25 billion a year earlier. Berkshire Hathaway said revenue rose 15% to $43.87 billion from $38.15 billion a year earlier. Buffett is expected Monday to do a number of TV interviews following Berkshire Hathaway's shareholders' meeting over the weekend. Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder Meeting: Blog Recap
Tyson Foods (TSN), the beef, chicken and pork processor, is expected by analysts on Monday to post second-quarter earnings of 45 cents a share on revenue of $8.58 billion.
Sysco (SYY), the food distributor, is expected by Wall Street to report fiscal third-quarter earnings of 43 cents a share on revenue of $11.1 billion. Hot Cyclical Trades; Learning From Heinz: Cramer's Best Blogs
General Motors (GM) and its joint ventures in China sold 261,870 vehicles there in April, up 15.3% from a year earlier, GM said Monday.
Anadarko Petroleum (APC) is forecast to post first-quarter earnings on Monday of 94 cents a share on revenue of $3.49 billion.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV