"The hydropower project operated by TNB Remaco plays a critical role in adding needed energy resources to Pakistan," said Deepak Advani, General Manager, Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure, IBM. "IBM's Smarter Infrastructure software not only helps automate business process and better manage resources at the plant, it will also create an interconnected system that enables plant operators to make more informed decisions to efficiently run an energy complex."With global electricity demand expected to grow more than 70 percent by 2035 4, hydropower, along with other renewable energy sources will become critical. By 2035, renewable energy will account for almost one-third of total electricity output. 5 Helping Pakistan tap into new energy resources underscores IBM's commitment to helping companies across the globe operate more efficiently as they work to meet rising energy demand.
- Pakistan's 84-MW New Bong hydroelectric project begins commercial operation," Hydroworld, March 13, 2013, http://www.hydroworld.com/articles/2013/03/pakistan-s-84-mw-new-bong-hydroelectric-project-begins-commercia.html
- Pakistan Energy Outlook Executive Summary, http://www.pip.org.pk/images/Outlook_Executive_Summary.pdf
- Laraib Energy Limited, http://www.laraibenergy.com/ch1.asp
- World Energy Outlook 2012 Factsheet, http://www.worldenergyoutlook.org/media/weowebsite/2012/factsheets.pdf
- International Energy Agency, World Energy Outlook 2012, November 2012. http://www.iea.org/publications/freepublications/publication/English.pdf