"The hydropower project operated by TNB Remaco plays a critical role in adding needed energy resources to Pakistan," said Deepak Advani, General Manager, Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure, IBM. "IBM's Smarter Infrastructure software not only helps automate business process and better manage resources at the plant, it will also create an interconnected system that enables plant operators to make more informed decisions to efficiently run an energy complex."
With global electricity demand expected to grow more than 70 percent by 2035 4, hydropower, along with other renewable energy sources will become critical. By 2035, renewable energy will account for almost one-third of total electricity output. 5 Helping Pakistan tap into new energy resources underscores IBM's commitment to helping companies across the globe operate more efficiently as they work to meet rising energy demand.
IBM Smarter Infrastructure technology used by TNB Remaco includes IBM Maximo software. The software provides condition-based maintenance capabilities and ensures physical assets are safe, reliable and available to support an organization's business goals.
For more information on IBM Maximo software, visit: http://www.ibm.com/tivoli/maximo.For more information about IBM Smarter Physical Infrastructure solutions, visit: http://www.ibm.com/ibm/ibmforum/lagaude/smarter_physical_infrastructure.shtml. About TNB Remaco Pakistan Pvt TNB Remaco Pakistan Pvt Limited is the subsidiary of TNB Remaco Malaysia; TNB REMACO is mainly involved in the energy industry. It provides repair and maintenance services for power plant equipment. In addition, the company has ventured into supplying spare parts and operations and maintenance services for the various power plants.
- Pakistan's 84-MW New Bong hydroelectric project begins commercial operation," Hydroworld, March 13, 2013, http://www.hydroworld.com/articles/2013/03/pakistan-s-84-mw-new-bong-hydroelectric-project-begins-commercia.html
- Pakistan Energy Outlook Executive Summary, http://www.pip.org.pk/images/Outlook_Executive_Summary.pdf
- Laraib Energy Limited, http://www.laraibenergy.com/ch1.asp
- World Energy Outlook 2012 Factsheet, http://www.worldenergyoutlook.org/media/weowebsite/2012/factsheets.pdf
- International Energy Agency, World Energy Outlook 2012, November 2012. http://www.iea.org/publications/freepublications/publication/English.pdf
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV