BARUERI, Brazil, May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cielo S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: CIEL3 / OTC: CIOXY) announces today its results for the first quarter of 2013. The Company's consolidated financial statements are presented in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and in accordance with the accounting practices adopted in Brazil.
- Transaction financial volume under the market criterion totaled R$97.6 billion, up 11.6% or R$10.2 billion as compared to 1Q12; under the accounting criterion, the volume was R$98.8 billion, up 12.2% year-on- year, or R$10.7 billion ;
- Net Operating Revenue of R$1.5 billion , up 28.4% or R$342.2 million year-on-year, but down 2.8% or R$45.0 million quarter-on-quarter;
- EBITDA of R$874.5 million, up 13.8% or R$105.9 million year-on-year and 5.8% or R$48.3 million quarter-on-quarter;
- EBITDA margin at 56.5%, down 7.3 p.p. year-on-year and up 4.6 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo's net income totaled R$640.9 million, up 13.1% or R$74.3 million year-on-year and 5.0% or R$30.6 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo's net income margin at 41.4%, down 5.6 p.p. year-on-year and up 3.1 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
Click on the link below to open the earnings release: