5. In comparison with the Samsung Galaxy S4, the HTC software certainly looks better, in the sense that the icons and related color schemes are not nearly as ugly. As far as functionality, that's too long a story for this article, but they are close to equally bad.
Conclusion: Back to the Drawing Board
HTC, just like Samsung, needs to realize that it is not a software company. By making a non-Nexus version of Android, they are subtracting value on the software side of Android, allowing Apple to laugh all the way to the bank.
HTC, please leave the software stuff up to software companies such as Google, Microsoft (MSFT) and Facebook!On the hardware side, I don't like this HTC One at all. Its greatest sin is that it feels like it's about to slip out of your hand any second, and what's worse than that? Well, if it does break because the glue holding together the semi-loose front pieces comes off, then it might be impossible to repair and the user -- according to my Sprint store -- might be left holding the bag. HTC makes the most pleasant smartphone hardware in the market in the form of the HTC First and the HTC 8X. Get one of those! As far as the HTC One is concerned, I would avoid it. At the time of publication the author was long GOOG, AAPL, FB and QCOM. Follow @antonwahlman This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV