NEW YORK, May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today priced offerings of $500 million of Senior Notes due 2020 and $500 million of Senior Notes due 2023.
The notes were offered to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and outside the United States in compliance with Regulation S of the Securities Act. The Senior Notes due 2020 will bear interest at an annual rate of 4.25% and the Senior Notes due 2023 will bear interest at an annual rate of 4.625%. The price to investors will be 100% of the principal amount of the notes. The company will receive gross proceeds of $1 billion from the sale of the notes before deducting the initial purchasers' commissions and estimated offering fees and expenses.SiriusXM intends to use the proceeds of the offerings of the new Senior Notes for general corporate purposes, which may include, from time to time and as market conditions warrant, share repurchases and the repurchase, redemption, defeasance, tender or repayment of its outstanding indebtedness. Specifically, the company intends to repay all outstanding drawings of $150 million under its revolving credit facility with a portion of the proceeds from the offerings. Pending application of these amounts as provided above, the company currently expects to maintain any excess amount as cash on hand. The securities will not be registered under the Securities Act, or any state securities laws, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration, except pursuant to an exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws. This announcement is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation to buy any of these securities, and shall not constitute an offer, solicitation or sale in any jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV