SCHAFFHAUSEN, Switzerland, May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) released their third annual Corporate Responsibility Report today. TE's 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report includes the following highlights:
- The company reduced greenhouse gases compared to its fiscal year 2010 baseline by 13%, energy consumption by 13%, water usage by 12%, wastewater discharge by 13% and waste by 8%.
- The company opened a new, state-of-the-art facility in India featuring eco-friendly structural design, solar paneling, and a complete water recycling system including rainwater harvesting.
- Supplier sustainability and workplace screenings increased by 61% over fiscal year 2011. Onsite sustainability and workplace conditions audits increased significantly.
- Philanthropic donations by the company, employees, and the TE Foundation worldwide exceeded $4 million.
Find TE Connectivity's 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report at http://www.te.com/content/dam/te/global/english/about-te/corporate-responsibility/pdfs/tera-2012-report-final.pdf.
Read more about TE's corporate responsibility efforts at http://www.te.com/responsibility.ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $13 billion world leader in connectivity. The company designs and manufactures products at the heart of electronic connections for the world's leading industries including automotive, energy and industrial, broadband communications, consumer devices, healthcare, and aerospace and defense. TE Connectivity's long-standing commitment to innovation and engineering excellence helps its customers solve the need for more energy efficiency, always-on communications and ever-increasing productivity. With nearly 90,000 employees in over 50 countries, TE Connectivity makes connections the world relies on to work flawlessly every day. To connect with the company, visit: www.TE.com. TE Connectivity and the TE Connectivity (logo) are trademarks of the TE Connectivity Ltd. family of companies. SOURCE TE Connectivity
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts