April Jobs Report Live Stream Recap
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that April nonfarm payrolls rose 165,000 and the unemployment rate ticked down to 7.5%.
Here is a recap of TheStreet's live-streaming coverage of the event with S&P Capital IQ's Sam Stovall.
March nonfarm payrolls from the prior report added just 88,000 jobs -- a drop of 180,000 from February -- as the average work week rose slightly to 34.6 hours. Average hourly earnings for all employees in March came in at $23.82, up 1 cent from the previous month.
-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York.>Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV