- Quarterly revenue of $205 million
- 765 megawatts of inverters shipped in the quarter
- Reports first quarter net loss per share of $0.06, includes a $0.04 net loss on litigation charge
- Operating cash flow of $36 million in the quarter
CAMARILLO, Calif., May 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Power-One, Inc. (Nasdaq:PWER), a leading provider of renewable energy and energy-efficient power conversion and power management solutions, today announced financial results for the first quarter of 2013. For the quarter ended March 31, 2013, Power-One recorded net sales of $205 million, with Renewable Energy Solutions contributing $146 million and Power Solutions posting $58 million. Net loss attributable to common stockholders for the first quarter was $7 million, or $0.06 per diluted share. This includes a loss of $0.04 per share on charges related to the ongoing SynQor litigation.
Gross margins improved sequentially in the first quarter as the result of cost reduction actions in both SBU's and improved factory cost absorption on the higher volumes in Renewable Energy Solutions.
"In the first quarter of 2013, Power-One was able to exceed its revenue guidance forecast as a result of higher demand for commercial inverters in Europe," said Richard Thompson, Chief Executive Officer of Power-One. "We experienced a sequential increase in inverter revenue in most of our major markets in Europe, with particular strength in Italy, the U.K. and France.""In addition to the upturn in demand in Europe, our new liquid-cooled ULTRA central inverters are being well received in North America," continued Mr. Thompson. "While revenue from ULTRA in North America for the first quarter was modest, bookings were strong, giving us confidence that we are beginning to gain traction on this important new product." Renewable Energy Solutions In the first quarter of 2013, Renewable Energy Solutions generated sales of $146 million and an operating margin of 4.0%. Sales increased by 19% sequentially. In the quarter, Power-One shipped 765 MW of inverters, up 22% from the fourth quarter of 2012. Dr. Alex Levran, President of Power-One's renewable energy business commented, "We are pleased with the progress we are making with our ULTRA product family, where to date, we have received purchase orders from customers for 140 MW in North America and nearly 250 MW globally. Additionally, we successfully launched our microinverter product in the first quarter and were encouraged by early shipments and incoming order rates."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV