CAMBRIDGE, Mass., May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Zipcar, Inc., the world's leading car sharing network, today announced it is expanding its airport access to eight new airports in North America, bringing convenience, freedom and a little zip to air travel. With this expansion, Zipcar is extending its award-winning member experience from city streets and college campuses to airport parking lots, giving Zipcar members on-demand access to nearly 10,000 vehicles in 20 cities, at over 300 universities and now in 11 airports, including:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
The addition of these eight airports comes on the heels of Zipcar's launch at Newark Liberty (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA) and John F. Kennedy (JFK) airports last month. Nearly two out of three (64 percent) of respondents to a March 2013 Zipcar member survey indicated they were "likely" or "very likely" to use Zipcar at an airport (if available).
"For the past decade, Zipcar has been delivering on our brand promise of 'wheels when you want them' to members where they live and work. Now Zipcars are available for members where they travel," said Zipcar President Mark Norman. "For short trips where time is money, Zipcar's on-demand access and fast returns make it an ideal way to get members where they need to be."A wide variety of Zipcars, including Mazda 3's, Toyota Prius and Ford Focus models, are located in Zipcar-branded parking spaces adjacent to the Avis Car Rental pick-up facility at each participating airport. Zipsters can hit the road immediately after exiting a flight, without any paperwork, lines or extra fees, and enjoy additional time saving amenities such as EZPass readers (where available) for tolls.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts