HOUSTON, May 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cardtronics, Inc. (Nasdaq:CATM) (the "Company"), the world's largest retail ATM owner, today announced its financial and operational results for the quarter ended March 31, 2013.
Key financial statistics in the first quarter of 2013 as compared to the first quarter of 2012 include:
- Total revenues of $197.7 million, up 4% from $191.0 million.
- ATM operating revenues of $193.4 million, up 9% from $177.8 million (7.3% on an organic growth basis).
- Adjusted Net Income per diluted share of $0.40, up 5% from $0.38.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $48.5 million, up 9% from $44.5 million.
- Gross margin of 32.4%, up 170 basis points from 30.7%.
- GAAP net income of $9.4 million or $0.21 per diluted share, compared to $9.8 million or $0.22 per diluted share.
"We enjoyed our seventeenth consecutive quarter of year-over-year growth in adjusted net income per share as we continued to effectively manage costs through our industry-leading operations and significant scale," commented Steve Rathgaber, chief executive officer. "To continue this impressive track record of earnings growth throughout 2013 and beyond, we continue to make investments in our network and products, and the acquisition of i-design during the first quarter is a great example of our continued dedication to grow our product offering and enhance the value we provide to our premier retail and financial customer bases."RECENT HIGHLIGHTS
- Acquisition of i-design group plc on March 7, 2013, a Scotland-based provider and developer of marketing and advertising software and services for ATM owners.
- Expansion of bank branding relationship with Scotiabank, through the branding of 500 existing Cardtronics ATMs in Mexico.
- The announcement of a new branding agreement with Frost Bank for ATM locations at Dallas Love Field airport.
- Growth of Allpoint network to 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide.
- Bank branding by Bank of America of approximately 40 ATMs placed in Kroger and Randall's grocery stores in the Houston metropolitan area.
- The announcement of the addition of approximately 3,300 mostly merchant-owned ATM service contracts through the acquisition of certain assets from Aptus Financial.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV