Neptune Technologies & Bioressources
Another under-$10 name that's quickly moving within range of triggering a major breakout trade is Neptune Technologies & Bioressources (NEPT), which researches, develops and commercialises worldwide, natural marine-derived health products with clinically proven human health benefits. This stock is off to a hot start in 2013, with shares up notably by 35%.
If you take a look at the chart for Neptune Technologies & Bioressources, you'll notice that this stock has been trending sideways in a consolidation pattern for the last four months, with shares moving between $2.30 on the downside and $2.95 on the upside. Shares of NPET have just started to bounce right off its 50-day moving average of $2.56 and it's now quickly moving within range of breaking out above the upper end of its sideways chart pattern.
Market players should now look for long-biased trades in NEPT if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $2.75 to $2.95 a share and then once it clears more resistance at $3.03 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above its three-month average action of 221,979 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then NEPT will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at its 200-day of $3.29 to around $4 a share. Any high-volume move above $4 could then send NEPT towards its next major resistance levels at $4.75 to $5 a share.Traders can look to buy NEPT off weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits just its 50-day at $2.56 a share or below some more key near-term support levels at $2.40 to $2.30 a share. One can also buy NEPT off strength once it clears those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop just below its 50-day at $2.56 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV