Another under-$10 name that's trending within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Accelerate Diagnostics (AXDX), which develops the BACcel system, planned for rapid diagnosis in life-threatening bacterial infections. It has also developed and out-licensed OptiChem surface coatings for use in microarraying components. This stock has been on fire so far in 2013, with shares up sharply by 62%.
If you take a look at the chart for Accelerate Diagnostics, you'll notice that this stock has started to come out of its recent downtrending pattern, with shares spiking higher off its low of $4.80 a share to its recent high of $6.77 a share. That bounce has moved shares of AXDX back above its 50-day moving average at $6.08 a share and it's now quickly moving within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV