One under-$10 stock that's trending very close to trigger a near-term breakout trade is Biocryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX), a biotechnology company that designs, optimizes and develops novel drugs that block key enzymes involved in cancer, viral infections and autoimmune diseases. This stock has been in play with the bulls so far in 2013, with shares up 38%.
If you take a look at the chart for Biocryst Pharmaceuticals, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending for the last month, with shares moving higher from its low of $1.62 to its recent high of $2.09 a share. During that uptrend, shares of BCRX have been mostly making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of BCRX within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV