CINCINNATI, May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The E.W. Scripps Company's (NYSE: SSP) board of directors today elected Rich Boehne as its new chairman. He succeeds Nackey E. Scagliotti, a great-granddaughter of founder Edward W. Scripps. She notified the board in February of her plans to retire as of the 2013 annual meeting following 14 years as a director and the final five years as the board's chair.
Boehne, 57, who started with the company as a teenager selling subscriptions to The Cincinnati Post, remains president, CEO and a director.
"On behalf of all of the owners, employees and customers of The E.W. Scripps Company, I want to thank Nackey Scagliotti for her leadership, wisdom, and rock-solid support of our mission to create value through enterprise journalism," Boehne said. "She has been the model of courage during a period of dramatic transition for Scripps, and she departs having played an essential role in our value-creation story."
At the company's annual meeting on May 1, shareholders elected the following directors in addition to Boehne:
- Roger Ogden – retired president and CEO of Gannett Broadcasting. Director since 2008.
- J. Marvin Quin – retired CFO of Ashland Inc. Director since 2009.
- Kim Williams – retired senior vice president, partner and associate director of Global Industry Research at Wellington Management Company. Director since 2008.
- John W. Hayden – retired CEO of The Midland Co. Director since 2008.
- Anne M. La Dow – member of the Scripps family. Director since 2012.
- Mary McCabe Peirce – member of the Scripps family. Director since 2008.
- Paul K. Scripps – retired vice president of Scripps newspapers. Director since 1986.
- Kelly P. Conlin - chairman and CEO of NameMedia. Shareholders elected him to the board for the first time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV