As stock markets rebounded from a selloff in the previous weekly session, Jim Cramer was slightly more bearish on the stocks he covered. Of the 49 companies mentioned on the week of April 22, 2013, Cramer was bearish on 11 (or 22% of them). Granted, a number of bearish calls belonged to companies in the resource sector. This included Exxon Mobil (XOM), Golar LNG (GLNG) and Apache (APA). In the technology sector, which rose 2.64% for the week on an equal-weighted basis, Cramer was bullish on the broadly-owned companies: (More on Cramer: 3 Resource Sector Buy Calls and a Sell from Jim Cramer)
4 of the companies warrant further analysis.
Microsoft (MSFT) surged from $29 to $31.79 in the last several sessions. Investors bid shares higher after the company reported strong quarterly results that allayed fears of weak PC sales. Intel (INTC) also rose 4.28% for the week. Intel is launching its Haswell CPU on June 2013. The high-end processors will be shipped first, followed by less expensive CPUs in the third quarter. The low-end Haswell processors will be made for the H81 motherboard chipset. Microsoft is leveraging its balance sheet by raising $2.7 billion in debt-financing. The company will not have high interest payments to worry about. Debt will cost just 1.01% on a 5-year term. In the tablet space, Microsoft is estimated to be having 7.4% of the market with its Surface RT and Windows 8-based units. This would translate to 3 million units. Apple still commands the market with 48.2% of the market, according to Strategy Analytics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV