NEWPORT NEWS, Va., May 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huntington Ingalls Industries' (NYSE:HII) Newport News Shipbuilding (NNS) division dedicated its 11 th Habitat for Humanity house Wednesday in Hampton. NNS has partnered with Habitat for Humanity Peninsula and Greater Williamsburg since 2002 to build homes for families in Hampton Roads.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/hii/mediagallery.html?pkgid=18472
Ron Murray, NNS' vice president of quality and process excellence, presented the house keys to Shereen Wynder and her daughters, Shakira and Treasure."While this house was built by the hands of shipbuilders, it will be filled with the heart of the Wynder family and the many people who have volunteered their time leading to the construction of this beautiful home," Murray said. Also participating in the dedication ceremony were Habitat for Humanity Board of Directors President David L. Hancock, Hampton Redevelopment and Housing Authority Board Commissioner Steve Brown and other city and business leaders. A team of NNS volunteers began building the 1,400-square-foot, three-bedroom, two-bathroom house in Hampton in January.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV