Waste-to-energy firm Covanta (CVA) saw call buying Tuesday and Wednesday, with volume well above normal and the name and net open interest and ATMIV lifting on both days. Shares slid a bit to close at $19.85 but we will keep a close eye on this one for the remainder of the week.
Beazer Homes (BZH) is up nearly 7% on earnings this morning and flow yesterday was on the right side of this move, with May 16 calls bought for $0.65 and $0.70 when shares were under $16. Looks like some of those were unwound today for $2.
Ciena (CIEN) Early volume Thursday in networking equipment maker CIEN is dominated by May 15 calls, currently 3.8% above spot. Buyer appears t have paid an average price of 36cents for nearly 2000 contracts. Shares at the low end of their YTD range (and about middle of their 52-week range), and today's flow may close an existing short call position.
Buyer appears to be looking for a shift in momentum on Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA) after a slide into earnings this week was followed by further declines that have shares nearly $3 below levels seen earlier this spring. This morning a buyer paid $1.225 for 5,000 Jan14 calls tied delta-neutral to $11.50 stock. Typical volume in MNTA is under 200 calls and this block will open a new position struck more than 20% above spot.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas