Krzanich will take over the job officially May 16th, which is Intel's annual shareholder meeting.
The insurance software company received an $820 million bid from the New York-based investment bank earlier this year, but the company has been under scrutiny for its accounting practices, and is the subject of investigations by U.S. regulators.
The company has been under attack by short sellers for its accounting practices, after relying on low-tax areas such as India and Singapore.Ebix has been given a "go-shop" provision, which allows the company to seek out competing bids for the next 45 days.
Closing prices: YELP zoomed 27.4% higher to $32.22, FB rose 5.6% to $28.97, INTC was flat at $24.11 and EBIX ended Thursday 5.3% lower to $19.51. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV