Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:55 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Friday.
Cramer disagreed with Credit Suisse's thinking on Valero Energy (VLO). "Don't short the refinery stocks, they can make a comeback." VLO closed Friday up 1.7 % at $37.59.
Jefferies says BlackBerry's (BBRY) Blackberry 10 phone is doing OK. Cramer says he doesn't think anyone thinks it's doing OK. "Maybe there's something there. It's not expensive, and it breaks out...," he thought. BBRY was down nearly 1% at $15.63.Wedbush says that quality control is an issue at Lululemon Athletica (LULU). "I'm going to take the other side," Cramer said. CEO Christine Day is for real, he said. But he wondered how shares of the alarm and housing play ADT (ADT) went down. LULU was off 1% at $76.36 while ADT was up 2.5% at $43.50. When Cramer recommended a sell on ZAGG ( ZAGG ), the Apple (AAPL) products swag maker sent him some samples and told him he didn't know what he was talking about. However, he pointed out, the stock is still down from its lofty high. ZAGG plummeted 27.3% to $5. Although retail giant Staples (SPLS) picked up 3D Systems (DDD) for three-dimensional printing, Cramer is not so sure. "I kind of like it, but it's so momentum-oriented," he said. DDD closed Friday 1% higher at $39.88. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Anthony Buccino in New York. Follow @AnthonyBuccino
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV