Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 5/6/13, Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. (PWX) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.04, payable on 5/22/13. As a percentage of PWX's recent stock price of $15.56, this dividend works out to approximately 0.26%.
Below is a dividend history chart for PWX, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.04 declared by Providence & Worcester Railroad Co.:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from PWX is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 1.03% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of PWX shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, PWX's low point in its 52 week range is $12.00 per share, with $16.93 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $15.56.
In Thursday trading, Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. shares are currently up about 0.4% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV