Not all of the S&P's component stocks have been participating in the rally. In fact, Apple ( AAPL), its biggest component, has been forming the opposite pattern since last October. But that could be about to change.
Apple's downtrend has been every bit as orderly as the uptrend that the rest of the market has been enjoying. Each test of trend line resistance has sent supply flooding shares and pushed this big name back down into the channel -- until recently, that is. This week, AAPL is testing a breakout above resistance. That could mean an end to the selling in shares of the world's biggest company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV