BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Stocks took a welcome breather yesterday, dipping just under 1% after climbing higher for close to two weeks straight. A month ago, a 1% correction in the broad market would have been treated like a catastrophe, but now investors are shrugging it off. That's a good thing for this rally's staying power in May. More on that in a minute.
As of yesterday's close, the S&P 500 is up 11% in 2013 -- and scores of investors who didn't trust the rally coming into the new year think they've missed it. But that's not necessarily true. While stocks have made some big moves this year, there's still upside to this rally.
And some names are set to move more than most from here. So today we'll take a technical look atfive big stocks worth trading in May.If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. >>5 Stocks Insiders Love Right Now Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade for gains. >>Stocks Are Doomed. Buy More Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV