By Ben Dickey
U.S natural gas producer Chesapeake Energy Corp. ( CHK) replaced its top executive last month amid conflict-of-interest questions, while announcing results that exceeded analysts’ expectations as fuel prices rallied on increased demand. The company ousted Chief Executive Officer Aubrey McClendon on April 1 after an investor revolt and boardroom reshuffling did not to prop up the stock.
The departure of McClendon is a big positive for the company, Covestor Manager Ben Dickey told Bloomberg News: “The biggest thing they got going for them is they got rid” of McClendon, Dickey, chief investment officer at BSG&L Financial Services LLC in Houston, said in an interview before the results were announced. “If gas prices continue coming back, that’ll also be good for them.” McClendon was replaced as CEO by Chief Operating Officer Steven Dixon.
Ben Dickey does not currently hold CHK in his Covestor portfolios.
The post Ben Dickey: Chesapeake better off without McClendon appeared first on Smarter Investing
Covestor Ltd. is a registered investment advisor. Covestor licenses investment strategies from its Model Managers to establish investment models. The commentary here is provided as general and impersonal information and should not be construed as recommendations or advice. Information from Model Managers and third-party sources deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Transaction histories for Covestor models available upon request. Additional important disclosures available at http://site.covestor.com/help/disclosures. For information about Covestor and its services, go to http://covestor.com or contact Covestor Client Services at (866) 825-3005, x703.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV