DALLAS, May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Comerica Bank's revised Florida Economic Activity Index increased in February, to a level of 109.0. The February index reading is 31 points, or 40 percent, above the index cyclical low of 78.0. The index averaged 103 in 2012, 10 points above the average for all of 2011. December's index reading was revised to 107.2.
"Our Florida Economic Activity Index increased in February, consistent with signs of improving economic conditions in the Sunshine State. Most index components were positive for the month. Only exports and hotel occupancy dipped in February," said Robert Dye, Chief Economist at Comerica Bank. "Labor conditions are improving, and house prices are firming up, and those are two key positive factors for the Florida economy."
The Florida Economic Activity Index consists of seven variables, as follows: nonfarm payrolls, exports, sales tax revenues, hotel occupancy rates, continuing claims for unemployment insurance, building permits, and house prices. All data are seasonally adjusted, as necessary, and indexed to a base year of 2008. Nominal values have been converted to constant dollar values. Index levels are expressed in terms of three-month moving averages.In addition to Boca Raton, East Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Naples, Palm Beach Gardens, Singer Island, Sarasota, Stuart, and Wellington, Florida, Comerica (NYSE: CMA) locations can be found in its headquarters state of Texas, as well as in Arizona, California and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico. To find Comerica on Facebook, please visit www.facebook.com/ComericaCares. To receive this index directly to your email inbox, go to www.comerica.com/econsubscribe to subscribe. Follow us on Twitter at @Comerica_Econ. SOURCE Comerica Bank
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV