WALLDORF, Germany, May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP NEWSBYTE -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced the next evolution for scoping, configuring and implementing enterprise technology with a simplified rapid-deployment solution experience. The company has created a set of collaborative and integrated online tools and content for scoping and rapidly deploying a range of SAP technology, from selection to go-live and beyond.
"Drawn-out IT implementations significantly hamper enterprises right out the gate so it is not surprising to see many CIOs factoring in time and complexity when choosing a technology supplier," said Tobias Ortwein, senior vice president, project services and SAP services markets, Pierre Audoin Consultants. "SAP hits this sweet spot by providing a fully packaged deployment right out the box with room for customization."
Through the simplified experience, enterprise customers can jumpstart their implementations with a fully-realized and tested, pre-assembled solution in days. A complete solution can be launched on premise or temporarily hosted in the cloud before go-live, accommodating customer requirements. SICK AG used the simplified rapid-deployment solution experience in its "SAP going global" initiative."A pre-assembled rapid-deployment solution gave us a very good head start for adopting the SAP solutions we needed," said Carsten Trapp, CIO and member of the Management Board, SICK AG. "Based on our requirements, we were able to get our hands on a tried, tested and well-documented solution that will now help finalizing our implementation project. This rapid-deployment solution saved as quite some time right from the beginning." The simplified rapid-deployment solution experience from SAP involves four steps for implementing the latest IT innovations with enhanced speed, reduced risks and lower costs:
- Explore: Customers begin by using the SAP® Solution Explorer site, www.sap.com/solutionexplorer, providing a full menu of solutions, capabilities and related rapid-deployment options.
- Select: Customers define their implementation by selecting individual components and the scope of work. Through a built-in solution configurator they can mix and match solutions, picking the functionality that best fit their business requirements. Each selection comes with a detailed outline of implementation requirements or customers can pick from a list of recommended packages.
- Deploy: Customers receive a fully assembled SAP rapid-deployment solution containing best practices for jumpstarting their implementation, all pre-installed, pre-configured and integrated. The addition of an enhanced version of ASAP® methodology to the SAP® Solution Manager application management solution provides a guided methodology that builds on the principles of a packaged implementation and connects the previous stages. Using SAP Solution Manager and the selected business scope customers can easily fine-tune their solution to accommodate for delta requirements and complete remaining implementation issues.
- Run: To close the loop, business scope information is reused to serve as the common foundation for business process monitoring or to help ensure efficient service delivery. The synthesis of content, tools and methodology consequently materializes in a visible difference at each stage across the lifecycle
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV