WILMINGTON, Del., May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DuPont Chair and CEO Ellen Kullman and the company's senior leaders today shared their strategic and operational priorities for creating customer and shareholder value in 2013 and beyond during the company's 2013 Investor Day. Kullman told investors DuPont's goal is to generate superior shareholder returns by pursuing three strategic priorities:
- Extending DuPont's leadership across the food value chain,
- Strengthening and growing the company's leading position as a provider of differentiated, high-value advanced materials, and
- Developing world-leading industrial biotechnology capabilities that create transformational new bio-based businesses.
"With these strategic priorities in place, we also have defined operational priorities to ensure we deliver results in the short term. These address innovation, global reach and execution," Kullman said.
Kullman stressed that increasing DuPont's return on research and development is a top priority, noting that "science is at the core of who we are as a company. Science enables our growth, differentiates us and gives us competitive advantage.
"We stand on a strong foundation of scientific capability and market knowledge," Kullman told investors. "We leverage these strengths across our portfolio of businesses to find new growth opportunities. At the same time, we continually evaluate the ability of each business to contribute to our overall value creation goals for our shareholders and we determine the right path forward."The company reported that its long-term growth targets are 7 percent average annual sales growth and 12 percent average annual operating earnings per share growth for the coming years. "Given the strength of our portfolio, our global reach, our integrated science and disciplined execution, we will achieve these goals and continue creating value for our shareholders," Kullman added. DuPont Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Nicholas C. Fanandakis noted that the company has taken steps to ensure that its growth targets are aligned with current market realties. He presented updated revenue growth, long-term sales and margin-growth targets for each DuPont business segment. "We run a rigorous and disciplined resource allocation process," said Fanandakis. "We will continue to invest differentially across the portfolio in our most promising value creation opportunities."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV