May 2, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- The Society for Information Display (SID), the leading global organization dedicated to the advancement of electronic display technology, in collaboration with Cowen and Company ("Cowen"), today unveiled the final agenda for its annual Investors Conference. To be held immediately following the Display Week keynote presentations on
Tuesday, May 21
, this year's conference will concentrate on "Trendspotting in the Emerging Display Technology Ecosystem." This one-day event has been structured to showcase key topics and drive audience participation and discussion, while also highlighting emerging technology stories that are enabling new markets and impacting the global display ecosystem.
"With the prevalence of displays among consumers, the display industry continues to garner interest among investors," stated
, SID President. "The Investors Conference coupled with the other events being held during Display Week will provide attendees with a comprehensive look at how our industry is centered around innovation. We are truly excited to be joining forces with Cowen and Company for the ninth year in a row."
, Managing Director at Cowen and Head of Cowen's Digital Media and Emerging Technologies investment banking practice, "We are pleased to co-host this event with SID once again. We are confident that the presentations will be a valuable opportunity for the audience to hear thoughts from key industry innovators regarding market trends, the future of the display industry and the roles they hope to play within that industry."
will open the event and display industry expert and conference co-chairman, Dr.
, Director, New Visual Media Group, will moderate the first two panels and subsequent Q&A session.
The agenda is as follows:
Whose Got Next: Part I – OLEDs, the Technology of Tomorrow is Here
Whose Got Next: Part II – Quantum Dots Poised to Extend LCDs Dominance
- Andy Hannah, CEO, Plextronics
- Sidney Rosenblatt, EVP & CFO, Universal Display
- Conor Madigan, CEO, Kateeva
The Cross Platform, Cross Device, Expanding Focus on Next Generation Computing Technologies and Applications
- Jason Carlson, CEO, QD Vision
- Jason Hartlove, CEO, Nanosys
Display Innovations Emerging in New Markets
- Achin Bohwmik, Director of Perceptual Computing, Intel Corporation
New Materials to Drive Next Generation Displays
- Dr. John Fan, CEO, Kopin
- Indro Mukerjee, CEO, Plastic Logic
- Alexander Tokman, President & CEO, Microvision
- Craig Ciesla, CEO, Tactus Technology
- Roger Hajjar, Co-founder & CTO, Prysm
Advanced Technologies and Materials Impacting the Display Ecosystem
- Dr. Roman Maisch, SVP Marketing & Sales, Performance Materials Division – Liquid Crystals Business Unit, Merck KGaA
- John LeMoncheck, President & CEO, Cambrios Technologies
- Boo Nilsson, CEO, CBRITE
- Bob Berg, Vice President of Global Sales, Uni-Pixel
- Stanley Kao, Director of Business and New Product Development, Luminit
Looking into the Crystal Ball: An Industry Prognosticator Talks about the Future of the Display Industry
- Paul Semenza, Senior Vice President, DisplaySearch
Cowen continues to be the leading growth investment banking firm focused on the display supply chain as well as the technology and IP ecosystem around it, serving as an active underwriter, advisor and placement agent for companies in the industry and focusing investor attention on the sector as it continues to evolve. This is the ninth year that Cowen has sponsored and hosted this event in conjunction with Display Week.