SAN JOSE, Calif., May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Move, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOVE), the leader in online real estate, today announced the acquisition of Doorsteps, the website providing cutting edge tools and resources to consumers in their path to home ownership. The acquisition of Doorsteps better enables Move to connect consumers with their perfect homes and with the tools, knowledge and professionals to achieve their home-ownership goals.
"At Move, our mission is to empower people to love where they live," said Steve Berkowitz, chief executive officer of Move. "Central to this strategy is our belief that consumers are at the heart of the home-buying process. Doorsteps' human and holistic approach in providing home buyers with the content, tools and professional advisers needed in the process aligns perfectly with Move's vision and existing offerings."
Doorsteps is designed to solve many major issues faced by stakeholders in the home-buying process:
- Buyers were often forced to make decisions they didn't understand simply because a thorough and easy-to-understand resource didn't exist. Doorsteps educates and empowers them in a well-designed, visual and streamlined way to equip them for home ownership from start to finish.
- Agents require help connecting with ready, qualified buyers within the new digital landscape. Doorsteps provides a shared online workspace between buyers and agents, resulting in smarter lead generation and matching.
- Loan officers' early involvement in the buying process ensures they can guide clients to the best loan options and financial services to help them — well before closing on a home. Service providers are finding it more difficult than ever to reach the right people, in the right way and at the right time. Doorsteps offers an in-context, transparent way to share their products, services or points of view with a qualified consumer group.
"We founded Doorsteps to streamline and simplify the way people get prepared to buy and own homes," said Michele Serro, Doorsteps' founder and CEO. "Our dream is to make it easier for consumers to decide whether to buy, how to get ready faster and then make the smartest possible choices along the way. As a result of this partnership, our ability to do that has been magnified. Move shares our vision and excitement and will ultimately help us serve more consumers."Doorsteps provides agents a unique solution designed to humanize the process of connecting professionals with their clients. Unlike traditional customer relationship management, which focuses mainly on "lead management" and "sales pipelines," Doorsteps uses technology to facilitate, build and enhance the collaborative relationships between buyers, agents, lenders and service providers. The journey-based experience — and the rich data it collects — should translate into far-higher conversion rates than old lead-generation tools, which typically focus on quantity over quality.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV