SAN DIEGO, May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The San Diego County School Boards Association's "Honoring Our Own" program has named Northrop Grumman (NYSE: NOC) as its 2013 Community Partner of the Year.
This award is given to a contributor located in the San Diego County school district that has demonstrated exemplary support for its local schools and contributes significant and valuable resources such as time and financial support.
Northrop Grumman supports educational programs that focus on science, technology, engineering and math to inspire students to become the next generation of scientists, engineers and technicians."Northrop Grumman makes community involvement a priority," said Jim Zortman, sector vice president and site manager, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems. "Students, teachers, administrators and Northrop Grumman employee volunteers put a great deal of time and effort into supporting our schools, so receiving this award is an honor. Together, we have provided unique programs to benefit the students and together we will continue to work towards supporting these initiatives." Northrop Grumman launched the High School Involvement Partnership in San Diego in 2004; since then, 215 high school seniors have graduated from the 17-week program. Other initiatives that Northrop Grumman supports include Project Lead the Way, FIRST Robotics, Space Camp and the High School Innovation Challenge. Programs are monetarily supported and may include employees volunteering as mentors. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information. SOURCE Northrop Grumman
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV