In 2012, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of about $19.1 billion ( 14.7 billion euro). R&D expenditure in the business area Prescription Medicines corresponds to 22.5% of its net sales.
For more information please visit
Eli Lilly and Company
Lilly, a leading innovation-driven corporation, is developing a growing portfolio of pharmaceutical products by applying the latest research from its own worldwide laboratories and from collaborations with eminent scientific organizations. Headquartered in
, Lilly provides answers – through medicines and information – for some of the world's most urgent medical needs. Additional information about Lilly is available at
About Lilly Diabetes
Lilly has been a global leader in diabetes care since 1923, when we introduced the world's first commercial insulin. Today we work to meet the diverse needs of people with diabetes through research and collaboration, a broad and growing product portfolio and our continued commitment to providing real solutions – from medicines to support programs and more – to make lives better.
For more information, visit
Associate Director, Public RelationsBoehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Email:
Phone: (203) 798-4638
Communications ManagerLilly DiabetesEmail:
Phone: (317) 651-9116
- Hardman TC, Dubrey SW. Diabetes Ther. 2011;2(3):133–145.
- International Diabetes Federation. IDF Diabetes Atlas, 5th Edition: What is Diabetes? http://www.idf.org/diabetesatlas/5e/what-is-diabetes. Accessed on: April 29, 2013
- Abdul-Ghani MA, DeFronzo RA. Endocr Pract. 2008;14(6):782-790.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Diabetes Fact Sheet: National Estimates and General Information on Diabetes and Prediabetes in the United States, 2011. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2011.
- International Diabetes Federation. IDF Diabetes Atlas Poster. 2012 Update. 2012 (5th Edition).
- American Diabetes Association. Diabetes Care. 2013;36(4):1033-1046.