WEST ORANGE, N.J., May 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lincoln Educational Services Corporation (Nasdaq:LINC) ("Lincoln") today reported first quarter 2013 revenue of $90.1 million and reaffirmed guidance for 2013.
- Revenue from continuing operations of $90.1 million for the first quarter of 2013, representing a decrease of 10.9% from $101.2 million for the first quarter of 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the first quarter of 2013 of ($3.4 million) compared to Adjusted EBITDA of $4.0 million in the prior-year quarter. Diluted loss per share from continuing operations of $0.33 for the first quarter of 2013 as compared to diluted loss per share of $0.10 for the first quarter of 2012. Loss per share for the first quarter of 2013 includes long-lived asset non-cash impairment charges of $0.05. Excluding these charges, diluted loss per share for the first quarter was $0.29.
2013 Guidance –
- We are reaffirming our 2013 guidance issued on March 6, 2013 of revenue of $395 to $405 million and a diluted loss per share of ($0.05) to diluted earnings per share of $0.05.
- For the second quarter of 2013, we expect revenue of $86.0 million to $90.0 million, representing a decrease of approximately 9% over the second quarter of 2012, and a loss per share of $0.30 to $0.35. Guidance for the second quarter of 2013 is based on a decrease in starts of 8% to 12% as compared to the second quarter of 2012. We expect the reduction in starts in the second quarter as a result of the continued loss of ability to benefit (ATB) students and our elimination of our fully online program in the first half of 2012. Excluding the impact of these items, student starts from continuing operations are expected to increase by 7% as compared to the second quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV