GUELPH, Ontario, May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Canadian Solar Inc. (the "Company" or "Canadian Solar") (NASDAQ: CSIQ), one of the world's largest solar power companies, today announced selective preliminary results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013 and scheduled its earnings release and conference call to discuss first quarter results for May 28, 2013.
For the first quarter of 2013, Canadian Solar expects solar module shipments to be in the range of approximately 335 MW to 345 MW, which exceeds the previous guidance of 290-310 MW and compares to shipments of 404 MW in the fourth quarter of 2012 and 343 MW in the first quarter of 2012. The Company now expects its gross margin for the first quarter of 2013 to range from 9% to10% compared to the previous guidance of 8-10%, and compared to 5% in the fourth quarter of 2012 and 7.7% in the first quarter of 2012.
May 28, 2013 Earnings Conference Call Details
The Company will hold a conference call on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time ( 8:00 p.m., May 28, 2013 in Hong Kong) to discuss the Company's financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2013 and provide an update to its business strategy and outlook.The dial-in phone number for the live audio call is +1-866-277-1184 or +1-617-597-5360, with passcode 57570389. A live webcast of the conference call will also be available on Canadian Solar's website at www.canadiansolar.com. A replay of the call will be available two hours after the conclusion of the live call until 11:00 p.m. on June 4, 2013, U.S. Eastern Standard Time ( 11:00 a.m., June 5, 2013 in Hong Kong) and can be accessed by dialing +1-617-801-6888 or +1-888-286-8010 and entering the passcode 72104825. A webcast replay will also be available at www.canadiansolar.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV