As reported in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), Q1 2013 revenues were $21.1 million, relatively unchanged from $21.2 million in Q1 2012. By segment, Identity Management Services and Solutions (Identity Management) revenues were $11.1 million and ID Products revenues were $10.0 million in Q1 2013.
GAAP gross profit margin was 39% in Q1 2013, compared with 41% in Q1 2012, reflecting lower sales of Identity Management systems and services and higher ID Products sales. With the exception of a temporary reduction in smart card reader margins due to a single large project, most other areas of the Company saw margin improvement both quarter on quarter and year on year. Total base operating expenses (consisting of research and development, sales and marketing, and general and administrative expenses) were $12.3 million in Q1 2013, down 18% from $15.0 million in Q1 2012 as a result of cost reductions implemented under the restructuring plan the Company initiated in June 2012 and from ongoing initiatives to improve the efficiency of the business. The Company recorded GAAP net loss of $(4.8) million, or $(0.08) per share in Q1 2013, compared with net loss of $(6.2) million, or $(0.11) per share in Q1 2012.
On a non-GAAP basis, gross profit margin was 41% in Q1 2013, compared with 44% in Q1 2012. Adjusted EBITDA was $(2.3) million in Q1 2013, compared with $(3.5) million in Q1 2012. Non-GAAP net loss was $(4.3) million, or $(0.07) per share in Q1 2013, compared with non-GAAP net loss of $(4.9) million, or $(0.08) per share in Q1 2012Non-GAAP gross profit margin, adjusted EBITDA and non-GAAP net loss and net loss per share all exclude various items that are detailed in the financial table and accompanying footnotes reconciling GAAP to non-GAAP results contained in this release. An explanation of these measures is also included below under the heading "Non-GAAP Financial Measures."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV