SAN FRANCISCO, May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today launched Salesforce Communities, ending the era of legacy portal software. With new Salesforce Communities, customer companies will be able to create social communities with business data and processes embedded at the core to transform how they sell, service and market. Communities can also be created for any customer experience—in a mobile banking app, in a video game or even in a car. Leading customer companies, including Food and Drug Administration, GE, Pernod Ricard and the World Economic Forum have deployed Salesforce Communities to connect with customers, partners and products in entirely new ways.
Comments on the News
- "Today marks the end of the legacy portal software era," said Alex Dayon, president of applications and platform, salesforce.com. "The next generation of enterprise apps are social with business data embedded at the core and accessible from any device. With Salesforce Communities, customer companies can connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways and from anywhere."
- "Pernod Ricard is now democratizing knowledge inside and outside of our institution with social technology," said Alexandre Ricard, deputy CEO and COO, Pernod Ricard. "Managers are empowered with the information needed to act quickly, shape our strategy and identify future opportunities. Salesforce Communities will empower our managers to partner with our distributors, ensuring that our brand image is preserved."
- "Connecting communities through interactions, insights and impact is at the core of our organisation," said Jeremy Jurgens, chief information and interaction officer, World Economic Forum. "Salesforce Communities allows us to address each of these elements by extending our social community to the business, political, academic and other leaders of society that shape global, regional and industry agendas."
- "Over time, communities will evolve with processes associated to the community becoming embedded in core business workflow processes," said Vanessa Thompson, research manager of enterprise collaboration and social solutions, IDC. "Salesforce Communities is able to build on the strong base of Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Marketing Cloud to extend specific workflow and enable an ongoing conversation with customers, partners and suppliers."
New Salesforce Communities: The End of Legacy PortalsToday, more than ever, companies need to connect with their customers and partners in new ways. The popularity of crowd sourcing in social communities such as Yelp, the level of engagement on social networks like Facebook, and the increase in connected devices in the consumer world—all combined with the unprecedented growth in global adoption of mobile devices—have created a new generation of customers and partners who have new expectations for how they want to engage with a company.But companies have not been able to offer this kind of collaborative, engaging experience in their business. Previously, they had to choose between legacy portals, which are strictly transactional, and social point solutions that are conversational, but disconnected from the business. By combining the power of social communities with the business data, processes, and platform of the world's #1 CRM solution, new Salesforce Communities enable companies to quickly create networks that connect customers, partners and even products in entirely new ways.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV