The familiar van that delivers packages or shuttles airport passengers is about to change in a revolutionary way. The all-new Ford Transit will provide tradespeople and businesses with unmatched fuel economy, innovative new configurations and leading versatility in the expanding commercial vehicle market.
Transit is born from nearly a century of hard-earned experience delivering two distinct full-size vans to customers in America, Europe and other global markets. For the U.S., Transit eventually replaces E-Series, first sold in 1961 as Ford Econoline and America's best-selling commercial van for 34 years. Transit was first sold in 1965. It's the best-selling commercial van in Europe.
Customers will have more choices than ever from a Ford van. Transit will be offered in three body lengths; two wheelbases; three roof heights. Cargo volume ranges from about 250 to almost 500 cubic feet – more than twice the volume of today's standard E-Series, saving the customer fuel costs and the time and hassle of a second trip.Designed and developed to provide efficient service over the long haul, Ford Transit will be at least 25 percent more fuel efficient than today's E-Series, helping save Transit owners thousands of dollars in fuel costs during its service life. Transit has been tested to the "Built Ford Tough" truck standards at Ford's proving grounds and in the hands of real-world fleet customers in North America. About Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 175,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com. SOURCE Ford Motor Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV