2. Southwest Bancorp
Shares of Southwest Bancorp (OKSB) of Stillwater, Okla., closed at $12.86 Wednesday, returning 15% this year, following an 88% return during 2012. The shares trade just above tangible book value, and for 16.8 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of 77 cents. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is 59 cents.
Southwest Bancorp had $2.1 billion in total assets as of March 31. The company on April 24 reported first-quarter net income available to common shareholders of $2.4 million, or 12 cents a share, compared to $972 thousand, or 5 cents a share, in the fourth quarter and $4.2 million, or 21 cents a share, in the first quarter of 2012.Net interest income decline to $15.6 million in the first quarter from $17.3 million the previous quarter and $20.8 million a year earlier. The net interest margin narrowed to 3.16% in the first quarter from 3.41% in the fourth quarter and 3.82% in the first quarter of 2012. The company said its core loan portfolio declined sequentially by $49.4 million, or 4%, during the first quarter. On a brighter note, the provision for loan losses declined to 498 thousand in the first quarter from $3.1 million in the fourth quarter and $1.7 million in the first quarter of 2012.
Southwest Bancorp's first-quarter ROA was 0.46% and its return on average tangible common equity was 3.90%. Southwest CEO Mark Funke said in the earnings release that "2013 will continue to be a positive rebuilding year for Southwest," and that "during the first quarter several new talented bankers were added into key commercial lending, treasury management, and mortgage positions, building a base for future revenue generation and more diversification in the loan portfolio." Rodis said in a note following Southwest's earnings announcement that "while the 1Q13 results were below our estimate
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV